Thank you for your interest in a place at Roseacres Primary School.
Annually in the second half of the autumn term, we usually offer tours to prospective parents for entry to the Reception class and to Mid-year admissions during the year by request. Since the onset of Covid-19 pandemic, a virtual tour has been made available covering key aspects of the school which our Y6 children helped to produce. The pandemic has limited what we are able to offer in respect of parent or visitor events held on site and we continue to have in place a number of control measures to minimise the spread of Covid-19. We will continually review and update operational plan and risk assessment ensuring that it is compliant with the latest government and PHE requirements and the needs of our school or local community.
At this stage we are not offering any large parent gatherings on site and will keep under review whether R22 parent tours will be able to be offered based on the latest government advice.
I would also encourage you to look at our weekly newsletter and the class page blogs for information about the learning and other experiences at Roseacres.
The Essex Local Authority coordinate ALL admission applications for a school place, regardless of the time of entry and therefore parents/carers will need to contact them directly to enquire and apply for a place at Roseacres Primary School.
Prospective Parents Application Dates:
- Reception Intake for Academic year 2022-23: The admission round closing date is set and advised by the Essex Local Authority as 15th January 2022. Essex Local Authority offer letters are expected to be issued on 19th April 2022. Please refer to the Essex Local Authority documentation for confirmation of the dates.
- Other year groups Y1- Y6 : we are only able to admit pupils who are in years Y1-Y6 where there is space to do so (maximum class size 30). This is known as a mid-year admission and Essex Local Authority also co-ordinate this and should be contacted in the first instance.
Essex Local Authority Contact Details and Useful Links:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0345 6032200
- Applying for Reception September 2022 Entry
- Applying for Mid-year School Place (to change your child's school during the school year)
Following your online application to the Essex Local Authority they will then contact the school and send a letter to confirm the outcome of your request, e.g. offer or refuse a place. If a place is offered, you should contact the school office to make an appointment to see the head teacher, have a tour of the school and collect the school admission forms. These must be returned with your child’s (long) birth certificate prior to a date being agreed for your child/ren to start.
|Prospective parent info book Sept 2022.pdf||Download|
|Mid-year Admissions Y1 Upwards 2022.pdf||Download|
|Roseacres Admission Policy 21-22.pdf||Download|
|Roseacres Admission Policy 22-23.pdf||Download|
|Roseacres Admissions Map.pdf||Download|